My current morning skincare routine consists of these 3 main products: The Clinique Pep-start eye cream, COSRX Advanced Snail 96 Mucin power essence and COSRX Honey Ceramide full moisture cream. I’ve recently just came back from a trip in Korea and let me say I’ve totally fallen in love with COSRX. The amazing thing is, the brand uses very minimal ingredients and usually water is the main ingredient in other skin care brands however COSRX products main ingredient is what the title states e.g. Snail mucin.
I have normal to dry skin, right now it’s Autumn so I’m using products that are hydrating and moisturising. In Korean beauty routines, they like to layer on products for example: they start off with essence, serum and moisturiser. Each product has it’s own function and by layering products you increase hydration and moisture. Anyways, down to my quick morning routine: After cleansing and applying toner, I tap on Clinique pep-start eye cream, then I apply the COSRX snail essence also tapping some around my eye area, once that is absorbed I apply the COSRX honey ceramide cream!
Clinique Pep-start Eye cream:
- It’s a hydrating and brightening cream
- Leaves the eye area feeling smooth and looking fresh
COSRX Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence:
- The essence contains 96% of snail secretion filtrate as the first ingredient
- It repairs the skin and provides super hydration
- It’s filled with revitalising and replenishing nutrients to help and repair damaged skin and boost elasticity
- Function: “Snail mucin has the ability to repair everything from dry patches, to acne breakouts while helping zap hyperpigmentation, so with loyal use your skin will glow to look its healthiest”
- It’s quite slimy but when you put it on your skin, it absorbs so fast and it does not leave any sticky or uncomfortable residue behind. Instead my skin pretty much “drinks” it up! 🙂
So far, it’s been amazing for my skin. My skin is more hydrated, supple, smooth and looks healthy. If you’re new to snail mucin, give it a go! Always research the products you’re interested in and make sure you read reviews. COSRX is such a popular line in Korea and Koreans are known for their great skin care products.
COSRX Honey Ceramide Full Moisture Cream:
What I love about this moisturiser is, it doesn’t leave a greasy and heavy feeling behind. Most often creams leave a residue all over my face and doesn’t absorb well, however this cream is amazing!
- The moisturiser is loaded with honey extracts and ceramide, it works by adding hydration and moisture to the skin and also calms and protects the skin all day against moisture loss
- The moisturiser also contains honey extract as it’s first ingredient, along with minimal ingredients which means it’s a great formula!
- I’ve read that it’s also suitable for acne-prone skin types, since the texture is lightweight which means it’ll absorb fast into the skin.