Hello! I’m always looking for new and fresh ideas especially for my post-workout meals or lunches made for work. This recipe was inspired by Woolworths “Persian couscous” it was so tasty and satisfying after work as it was filled with citrus flavours and haloumi cheese. I’m a big cheese lover however in this recipe I used my danish feta, quinoa instead of couscous and just added in some olives. The quinoa can be seasoned to what you like, I seasoned it with lime and lemon juice to keep it simple. I then roasted my pumpkin in paprika, cinnamon, honey, salt, pepper and olive oil! Tossed it with spinach and basil mmm!
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (cook according to package)
- 150g of washed spinach
- 100g of olives (I used marinated mixed olives)
- Chunk of feta (Mine came off a big block)
- Lemon juice to taste
- Lime juice to taste
- Place quinoa in bowl, add the lemon and lime juice to taste.
- Shred your basil and spinach over the quinoa.
- Add chopped olives and break a part the feta over the quinoa.
- Served with roasted pumpkin 🙂
Roasted spiced pumpkin:
- 1/2 a butternut pumpkin
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celsius
- Peel and chop pumpkin in bite-sized pieces
- In a bowl add the olive oil, honey, cinnamon, paprika, salt and pepper. Mix well
- Place in oven until golden brown and tender, this process took about 30 minutes.