This delicious salad is bound to get your taste buds going, if you like the spice from thai chilies, the sweet and tartness from the green apples and sour green mangoes keep on reading! What’s great about this salad, is that it’s refreshing and so simple! I like to have this as a side with white rice or sticky rice and this can be made ahead and refrigerated overnight or for one hour.
- 1 green mango, peeled and sliced into julienne strips (you can use any mangoes, even ripe ones)
- 1 green apple, peeled and sliced into julienne strips
- 1 small Thai chili (if you like extra spice add another chili)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small shallot, finely sliced
- handful of coriander, chopped
- Peanuts or cashews (finely chopped) to top the salad
The salad dressing:
- 2 tablespoon of fresh lemon/lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper
(seasoning is to taste for this salad)
Step 1. Place the green mango, apple, chili, garlic, shallot in a bowl and toss.
Step 2. Add the salad dressing, coriander and nuts. Mix well and serve cold.
Step 3. ENJOY!